At VMA we offer beginner friendly to advanced/competition level Muaythai training. With the help and guidance of our passionate, highly qualified instructors, you will:
- Develop outstanding, pure traditional Muaythai technique.
- Develop stress-melting confidence and mental toughness.
- Increase your agility, cardio capacity and coordination, so you feel stronger and more capable.
VMA Muaythai teaches techniques that will include, hand combinations, stance, coordination, balance, and defence. We also practice advanced Muaythai techniques such as clinching, elbows, sweeps and so much more. VMA Muay Thai students will learn Muay Thai technique and combinations, with focus on developing power, speed, and accuracy. Coaches will always put emphasis on the art of shadow boxing, pad-work, bag-work and partner drills. One of the key components that distinguishes our program and sets us apart from other gyms is our head Muaythai instructor.
Known as the Muaythai professor, Artur Nowacki is considered a world class Muaythai expert who has coached many famous fighters in Thailand. Artur is well known across the globe for his highly affective coaching abilities and Muay Thai expertise. He has a unique one-of-a-kind ability to take complete beginners to top skill levels within a very short period of time. His fighters have competed in world-renowned boxing stadiums such as Lumpini and Rajadamnern. Now you can learn and practice traditional Muaythai right here in Victoria BC. Everyone who trains with Artur will learn the original Muaythai style and concepts step by step.
Classes run for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and will include
- A full body warm up using basic movement drills like skipping to activate the Core Muscle Groups while gradually increasing the heart rate.
- Shadow Boxing and Footwork drills to help learn and develop the skills needed to perform Muay Thai techniques.
- Bag Work and Conditioning, using combinations and footwork in live drills.
- Core Strengthening and Stretching Exercises to develop both core strength and to help Cool Down after the class.
Known as the science of the eight limbs Muaythai is rich in history. It is a martial art with roots originating from military use dating back to around the 13th century. In modern times Muaythai is often regarded as the most powerful of all combat sports. Muaythai is recognized as a National sport and today has become highly known for its influence in International Mixed-Martial arts communities. Muay Thai is also now recognized as a lifestyle choice for anyone who wants a unique practice for hobby and fitness. Most recently in 2021 Muaythai was given the stamp of approval at the 138th International Olympic Committee session. Muaythai now has full recognition as an official Olympic sport.
Victoria Martial Arts happily welcomes everybody on the mats, inviting anyone who has a keen willingness to learn Muay Thai for fitness, competition/sport and community.
What you will need for Muaythai Class
- 12oz gloves
- Shin pads
- Water bottle
- Muaythai shorts (optional)